The roads leading to Gijón are:
- A-66, Madrid-Gijón Motorway.
- A-8, Cantábrico Motorway (Coruña-Irún).
- AS-I, Minera Motorway (Gijón-Mieres).
- AS-II, Oviedo-Gijón Motorway.
- N-632, Galicia-Cantabria.
The railroads that connect with Gijón are:
- RENFE: Line from Gijón to Leon (171 km.) with branches Veriña to Aboño and Veriña to the Port of Gijón.
- FEVE Gijón to Pola de Laviana, with link to the Oviedo-Bilbao line in El Berrón.
- FEVE: Gijón-Ferrol.
The Airport of Asturias, also known as Ranón, is a public Spanish airport, belonging to Aena, located in the parish of Santiago del Monte, in the municipality of Castrillón, Asturias. It is located 15 km from Avilés, 40 km from Gijón and 47 km from Oviedo, the capital of the Principality of Asturias.
For more information, consult the schedules and connections on the Aena Asturias website.
- Security areas